Events Planning Manager
- Location: Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Type Of Employment: Full-time
- Industry: Staffing And Recruiting
- Function: Human Resources
- Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Social Talent, the Career Development Platform enables companies to scale best practice and teaches people how to “work smarter, live happier”. We train recruitment, HR and sales teams on the effective use of technology to attract, source and engage candidates, prospects and customers. We’re looking for highly skilled and experienced Events Manager to join our force. You should be passionate, ready to challenge the status quo and looking to make a difference within a very fast growing and dynamic start up.
From humble beginnings, we’ve grown in size and doubled in revenue year on year - and we’re only getting started. With a workforce of 61 people, we’re constantly striving to outdo ourselves and create ground breaking digital products and services. It’s an exciting time at Social Talent, we all act like owners, we all have the scope to impact real change and drive the future of the company - come join us and be part of the big picture.
This year we’re planning (and half of the way through) attending over 150+ business events/seminars based all over the globe. We don’t just attend and speak at these events, we also host our very own! We’re on the hunt for an amazingly organised, experienced Events Manager to play a key part in our events strategy, making sure all of the work happens, without a hitch and with booming success!
You’ll be the first contact when it comes to everything events and you’ll literally pull the whole thing together. You’ll be the master of events, love the process, embrace the crazy and drive amazing delivery and involvement across all the teams.
What we see as your core responsibilities:
- Proactively looking at future events on the event calendar and researching markets to identify new event and expo opportunities - we’re always looking at the next big thing so we need you to have your ear to the ground!
- Negotiating rates for everything from sponsorship deals to room bookings
- Working with the marketing team to promote in house events including customer evenings and conferences through digital advertising, PR and mailers.
- Promoting the Social Talent community by coordinating meetups in various European cities, as well as organizing external speakers for these events
- Maintaining order process of various supplies, including print collateral, event merchandise and ad hoc office materials. Negotiating rates for same.
- Maintain up to date events database
- Updating the sales team on upcoming events, highlighting any particular requirements needed
- Administration of all events including sponsorships, flight and hotel arrangements and reviewing ROI of each event.
You come from an events background, you love the chaotic nature of this type of role and are comfortable getting your hands dirty. Managing lots of different stakeholders doesn’t phase you - you’re a people person at heart and love building strong relationships. It might sound obvious - but your attention to detail to honestly out of this world, you’d put us all to shame (and hopefully will). You’ll be supported by an amazing Marketing team but you’re comfortable working independently, at a fast pace and just getting the job done!
Here’s a few things that we see as critical for someone to be successful in the role:
- Events/Marketing qualification or equivalent experience in a similar role
- A high level of attention to detail
- Previous experience in events - running them end to end and everything in between
- A can-do-attitude - no mountain is too high for us at Social Talent :)
- Ability to think outside the box - have a new way of working that makes sense? Brilliant - let’s do it
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Effective planning, organising and time management skills
What’s in it for you?
We’ll offer you a competitive salary based on experience, but we’re talking 28 - 30k.
Your benefits will include health and travel insurance, a company MacBook and iPhone, unlimited holidays, lunch on Mondays, yoga and wellness initiatives throughout the year (5 a side, tag rugby, lots of charity events etc.)
We’re big on professional development and we’ve got a strong coaching culture in Social Talent. We’ll both support and mentor you in your career progression and expect you to help us develop future world-class sales professionals. We believe in teamwork, collaboration and knowledge sharing as our fundamental ways of working around here.
You will be based in Dublin city centre (unless you can convince us otherwise) and there will be travel to conferences, events, expos and client meetings potentially anywhere in the world. We currently have customers in over 80 countries.
The start date:
ASAP would be ideal
We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat. Call SarahJane on +353 877686010 or click that nice big button to apply!