Strategic Business Development Manager
- Location: Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Type Of Employment: Full-time
- Industry: Staffing And Recruiting
- Function: Sales
- Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Social Talent, the Career Development Platform enables companies to scale best practice and teaches people how to “work smarter, live happier”. We train recruitment, HR and sales teams on the effective use of technology to attract, source and engage candidates, prospects and customers. We’re looking for highly skilled and experienced Business Development Managers to join our force. You should be passionate, ready to challenge the status quo and looking to make a difference within a very fast growing and dynamic start up.
From humble beginnings, we’ve grown in size and doubled in revenue year on year - and we’re only getting started. With a workforce of 61 people, we’re constantly striving to outdo ourselves and create ground breaking digital products and services. It’s an exciting time at Social Talent, we all act like owners, we all have the scope to impact real change and drive the future of the company - come join us and be part of the big picture.
As a Strategic BD Manager you’ll play a key role in hunting and closing new business within the Fortune 500 client space. Your passion and experience lies in winning new logos while also maintaining and expanding relationships within our strategically important large accounts. You'll also need to think big picture and focus on converting high potential accounts into long term strategic partnerships.
Each member of our Strategic Relationship team will manage a small portfolio of global accounts. To be successful in the position you are ideally a mix of a Hunter and a Farmer who’ll work with our largest prospects and customers alike. This role is 70% new business development. This needs to be a core skill of yours and you have to love this side of the role. To succeed you will need to care passionately about your customer’s success and growing your existing account revenue but also be aggressive in building new business.
First and foremost you are a senior salesperson with extensive experience of winning large deals (€100K+ minimum). You’ve a background is predominately in business development at either enterprise or strategic account level and you've got strong account management skills dealing with large multinationals.
Ideally you’ve had exposure to the recruitment world and can bring that experience of the industry landscape to Social Talent. You’re comfortable speaking to key decision makers within companies and presenting to C suite doesn’t phase you.
Here’s a few things that we see as critical for someone to be successful in the role:
- SaaS industry has been your playground for some time now - preferably LMS or Enterprise Applications
- Consistent proven track record of over achieving your targets as an individual contributor
- Success in attracting, retaining and growing new logos to the company
- Strong account management experience where you can demonstrate capability in growing revenue within an existing customer base through up-sell, cross sell and expansion activities.
- Proven track record of creating, driving and delivering upon strategic account plans
- Experience working within a high-growth multi-cultural environment
- Proven track record in growing accounts and nurturing high potential opportunities to maximise their value
- You will be incredibly ambitious, you are a get things done person and you want to be measured by your output rather than your input.
What’s in it for you?
We’ll offer you a competitive salary based on experience - what that looks like depends on what you're bringing to the table but we're talking 6 figures.
However we don’t want to cap this - if you keep selling we will keep paying you!
Your benefits will include health and travel insurance, a company MacBook and iPhone, unlimited holidays, lunch on Mondays, yoga and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
We’re big on professional development and we’ve got a strong coaching culture in Social Talent. We’ll both support and mentor you in your career progression and expect you to help us develop future world-class sales professionals. We believe in teamwork, collaboration and knowledge sharing as our fundamental ways of working around here.
You will be based in Dublin city centre (unless you can convince us otherwise) and there will be travel to conferences, events, expos and client meetings potentially anywhere in the world. We currently have customers in over 80 countries.
The start date:
ASAP would be ideal
We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat. Call SarahJane on +353 877686010 or click that nice big button to apply!