Like it or loath it, social media is and will continue to be the way forward for both job seekers and recruiters alike, in the years to come. In fact, 94% of recruiters are now using social media to recruit and 78% of them have made a hire through it. Employers who have used social media to recruit candidates, have even gone so far as to say that they have found a 49% improvement in candidate quality! So what the hell are you waiting for? Get stuck in to the digital side of recruitment today:
- Employers who used social media to hire found a 49% improvement in candidate quality. (And if that isn’t a fantastic endorsement for internet sourcing, we don’t know what is!)
- 78% of recruiters have made a hire using social media.
- 30% of all Google searches are employment related. To take advantage of this stat, you should be paying close attention to search engine optimisation efforts.
- The best place to find candidates aged between 18-34 is via social media.
- LinkedIn users performed over 5.7 billion professionally orientated searches on the network during 2012.
For Job Seekers:
- 93% of recruiters will look at your online social profiles, so be sure your profile is ready for a visit.
- After LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter are the most popular social networking sites for recruiters to use to try and find candidates.
- References to illegal drugs, pictures of alcohol, pictures of a sexual nature, profanity and spelling/grammar mistakes are all greatly frowned upon by recruiters when vetting a candidate’s social media profile.
- You know there is a chance potential employers will come looking at your social media profiles, so beat them to the punch and add information to them about your work experience and skills.